Women’s Commission of the LPC(Q) contributes to the vitality of the entire Liberal Party of Canada.
We work closely with the National Women’s Liberal Commission (NWLC), as well as with the Judy Lamarsh fund, whose mandate is to promote the interests of women across the country.
- All women, members of the Liberal Party of Canada in Quebec are ex officio members of the Commission on Women PLC (Quebec). They are encouraged to participate in all activities of the Commission. Those interested should register with the Secretary of the Commission.
- We encourage the participation of our members from all regions of Quebec. At regular intervals, we organize meetings in which all members have the opportunity to join by attending either in person or via conference call.
- On several occasions during the year, we organize activities that bring us together around issues or themes that allow us to update our overall mission.
The mission of the Women’s Commission of the LPC ( Quebec ) revolved around three (3) components:
- Ensure greater political representation of women in federal elections and in elective positions in all decision-making bodies within the party.
- Participate in the development of policies on social, political and economic issues that concern the lives of women.
- Ensure the participation and inclusion of women in riding associations and encourage the creation of women’s clubs .
Section Chair—Vivian Minko
Section Vice-Chair—Adèle Hébert.
Hyperlinks to information or landmarks documents:
- Facebook page of the LPCQ Women’s Commission
- National Women’s Liberal Commission of the Liberal Party of Canada, publishes a monthly newsletter for all LPC members and the general public and particularly a newsletter for members of the LPC (Quebec) women’s Commission.